Food Pantry Facts:
Our food pantry provides food staples in an effort to subsidize individuals and families residing in Clay and Platte counties in Missouri. In response to a growing need for items not covered by food stamps, HOPE.wrx strives to provide personal hygiene items, and concentrates on stocking items such as laundry and bath soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste, toilet tissue, and feminine hygiene products. We make every effort to collect these much-needed items through donations and/or financial support.
What do I need when I come to HOPEwrx?
The HOPEwrx food pantry serves residents of Clay and Platte Counties. First time visitors will need:
- Photo Identification
- Proof of residence dated with the last 90 days. i.e. mail, receipt, utility bill
- Must complete a MAAC-Link Intake form (provided when you arrive). This form lists names, relationship and date of birth for anyone living in the home.
- At the beginning of every year, clients are required to provide update information of current residence.
HOPEwrx follows the North Kansas School District's attendance schedule (closed holidays and snow days). The food pantry is currently open five days a week: Monday - 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.Tuesday, 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Wednesday, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Thursday, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.; CLOSED Friday, and open, again, Saturday, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. We have set a goal to expand services and help more of our Northland neighbors. To reach that goal, we continue to seek out dedicated volunteers.
- 2008 623 Families 2092 individuals fed
- 2009 1021 3923 individuals fed
- 2010 1401 5726 individuals fed
- 2011 2115 8068 individuals fed
- 2012 2100 6942 individuals fed
- 2013 2524 8632 individuals fed
- 2014 3337 11077 individuals fed
- 2015 2828 9136 individuals fed
- 2016 2491 8090 individuals fed
- 2017 2719 8922 individuals fed